The truth is that the people that are suffering from a chronic illness especially kidney disease need to make sure that they are getting the best sleep possible so that their bodies can recover as much as possible.
Sleep is rarely ever discussed when it comes to getting into the best health you can. But its role in helping people recover from kidney disease is extremely crucial and therefore is an area that needs to be discussed in detail.
There have been many research studies that have been carried out which suggest that those that get a consistent amount of sleep every single night have immune systems that are incredibly strong. The only thing that will make your immune system any stronger is consistent exercise.
Seriously the effects of sleep just can’t be underestimated. Instead of taking all those useless pills that barely have an effect on our immune system, most people would be better off if they just slept properly. On top of that not only will you feel much better but it will cost you nothing.
When you are suffering from insomnia it is basically because your body and mind are alert. The people that are living extremely hectic lives during the day time, will find that their minds will be extremely active during the night, often resulting in poor quality sleep.
Here are some of the best tips you can implement in order to get a solid night’s sleep:
The best way to implement the following tips into your life is to work on them one at a time. Just take one and start implementing it every single day until you no longer think about it and it becomes a habit for you.
1. Are you experiencing any other illnesses that may be effecting your sleep? Things like asthma, arthritis, heart burn etc. If you do then make sure to tell your doctor so you can get the right treatment. Not doing so will likely mean that your sleep will be negatively effected.
2. Reduce the consumption of stimulants right before you sleep. Things like coffee, tea and chocolate should be avoided right before you hit the sack. It’s fine if you take them during the day but know that if you take them before you sleep, it is unlikely you will get a good nights rest.
The best thing would be to completely remove all stimulants from your diet.
3. Avoid alcohol. While alcohol can knock you out, the reality is that the quality of your sleep will be extremely poor.
4. Workout every single day. Sweating and getting fit will help your body to get a solid nights rest.
5. As night time falls your body temperature will begin to fall… the best way to overcome this is to have a hot shower right before you go to bed.
Most people go to bed or have the feeling to do so when their body temperatures begin to fall. So having a hot shower will mean that your body temperature will fall that much quicker, resulting in you getting a well rested night of sleep.
6. Avoid eating too much before you go to sleep. You should leave about three hours from the time you have your last meal to the time you actually get to bed.
7. Breathe deeply right before going to bed. This will help your body to become more relaxed and will help you ultimately sleep well.
8. Start to write a journal. Right before you get to sleep right down all the things that are actively going on in your mind. It really doesn’t have to make sense, but the more you practice this the less your mind is going to be working overtime and the better quality of sleep you will experience.
9. Create a sleeping routine. Get your body used to you sleeping and waking up at the same times every single day.
10. Make sure that you train your body to only see the bed as a place for getting a good nights sleep. So that the moment you hit the bed your body will relax and you will be able to get the rest you require.
Avoid doing things like watching TV, or reading books before you sleep as this will just result in you associating your bed with pleasure. Not exactly the environment for getting the best sleep you can.
The best way to really get the rest you deserve is to create a routine around it. About a half hour before you get into bed make sure that you stop doing any active things and just relax your mind and prepare it for getting the best sleep it can get.
It really is as simple as that, but believe me the more better you get at giving your body the rest that it deserves, the faster you will be able to overcome the symptoms of kidney disease.